Wednesday, October 3, 2012

BBQ and farm animals!

We took a little adventure over a long weekend in September to use up some airline credit vouchers we had to use before October. We kept going back and forth until the very last minute...I mean last minute, since it was the very last window of time I was allowed to fly....we debated about whether or not we wanted to try to travel with a then 16month old, and being pregnant where could we go that was fun, yet not too taxing and where could my Doc get really Good BBQ...well KC of course to visit my sister and her family!

I'm so glad we made the trip! Even if it was HOT! Little Bear did fantastic  we brought bottles for his ears since he doesn't take a pacifier, and used a backpack carrier to basically strap him to Doc's chest for the flight. (Its amazing how a plastic up with a lid, napkins, wrappers and a straw will keep Bear entertained!) 

My sister also came with a bonus of baby things, which kept our packing and carrying much lighter! I loved having the weekend to just catch up on everything! We aren't much for getting to have long conversations on the phone, because of kiddos these days, so it was so wonderful to share all going on in our lives. 

It was a wonderful weekend, time with the cousins was special, the girls both wanted to marry Bear...I was told, instead of calling him baby bear though, he will be called Daddy Bear when he is older. Haha! Love it!

The boy cousins got along great! Little tough sharing for either of them, but it was lots of fun to play cars, trains and with animals. 

We attended their church, and there was a guest speaker...at first we were all, oh great...always seems to be when we are visiting... However, it was a God thing, and his message spoke so much to us all. It was like getting a long drink of water we've been craving. I'm still mulling over my notes from that time. 

Our hubby's conspired to eat at a hole in the wall BBQ place that was AMAZING! and we took a family outing to a farm, that I wish we had something like that here. From feeding goats and fish, to play ground slides, to historical side bits to explore. So much fun! 

Loving the strut! 

No fear of a captive audience! He knew the answer!  hehe


See...correct answer! haha! Oh I love this!


Feeding the goats

Feeding the fishes! we saw a huge turtle too!

I love this one of H.


all helping to feed the goats
P- Beautiful and already in her first couple weeks of Kindergarten!

H- Four and adorable!


M - so handsome, and love that he is holding onto his new favorite of toys, a little animal

A good time was had by all! It went way to fast! But I am so glad it worked out for us to go and grow closer as a families even though distance separates us. I can't wait til the next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment