Thursday, October 4, 2012

Preparing to become four...



Hard to believe our little family is about to become one more! No longer the cute little newly weds playing house, with a baby…we are going to be a family of four! It is really any day now.

We have been preparing for baby; I’ve been in full nesting. Making lists, and more lists! Cleaning, scrubbing in spare time and getting the nursery ready. We decided not to move Little Bear to a new room, mostly because he hates change and we want to make this transition to big brother as smooth as possible, not resentful baby took over his room. Because of that I’ve gone through several decorating theme almosts…from Mickey Mouse toddler room, to “It’s a small world theme” to settling on Neverland! That way if it’s a boy we can add more Peter Pan and Lost Boys, and if it’s a girl we can add more Wendy and Tinkerbell! J Aunt A, pictures of the nursery soon!


 We were blessed with some craigslist finds, a crib and cubby bookcase for free, a rocker for $10 (Kyle thinks its hideous in color, its retro 70 strips I think are rather cute!) and toy bin for $15, and then an old dresser from my great grandma I used all growing up…with paint and the hard work of a beloved friend...she worked two hard days…a viola! A beautiful white nursery! Now all that is left is to add the details to the decorations. I'm probably one of the only moms who can "shop" in her own home for Disney decor, which is exactly what I did, finding several key Peter Pan themed items that are perfect! I'm feeling rather ready today! I even have the baby clothes washed!

What has been so special and have loved is that I have had my mom come and help me around the house, and getting the nursery ready too! That time has been cherished! Some of you know she was in TN last time, and they all arrived at the hospital just in time for when my Doc came out to announce we had a son! This time having my mom and sister and dad around has meant so much to me. Even getting to pray over the baby, feel the kicks and wiggles, and know when I call they are 10mins away from the hospital, not a long plane flight. (These wonderful family snap shots were taken by my wonderful mom! She is so fabulous at remembering to grab the camera and take pictures, and I love these family shots we got tonight!)


 Other family news, Doc loves his job in IT work and is the most amazing daddy! He has been great at helping me around the house with my long lists, of things I can’t reach or do myself. He’s been patience with my impatience at my energy level and the necessary back rubs he has been so wonderful to accommodate me with. I don’t remember hurting this much with Little Bear, although this one already is bigger then brother’s birth weight…good for baby’s health, hard on my back. :) I’m feeling overall healthier, despite the gestational diabetes, not as swollen and puffy as I was before…I can still wear my wedding ring. I have already ordered a cake doughnut though to celebrate baby’s birth and no more GD. White cake, with white frosting and sprinkles! Oh I’m salivating already!

I had to add this one cause of how mischievous he looks!

Mother and son!

Father and Son!


Family of 3...for just a bit longer

Hospital bag is packed, kitchen is scrubbed, and my long list has grown shorter…probably won’t get to the re-staining of the woodwork around the house...but we are ready for baby Roo-Bug’s arrival! I’m excited to meet you little one! Boy? Girl? Any day now we will know! Until then…

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I enjoyed the blog and pictures so much!! I'll sure be praying for you, April. What exciting days!!! Love you!!! Mama Wicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. Look professional. I wonder who got such great smiles from our little man!! ;) Papa of course! Oh and aunt aunie some ;)
    Can't wait to meet little baby number 2!

    ReplyDelete